- In 2017, 11,737 Americans died from guns fired by Americans.
- Since 1995, Gig-style jobs have grown from 9.1% of the workforce to 15.8%, and effectively all of the jobs gained since the Great Recession.
- In 2017, 82% of all of the growth in global wealth went to the top 1%, an amount that is seven times more than is needed to end world poverty.
- Staying home for work and play cut US energy consumption by 1.8%.
- The US savings rate dropped to 2.4%, a level far below the 10% from pre-1980, and a level only reached during the Internet Bubble and the Great Recession.