- Atmospheric CO2 hit record 409.65 ppm.
- US job openings were near record highs at 5.7M, but there were still 6.9M unemployed.
- The general population avoids about 2% of the taxes they owe. The richest 0.01% avoid about 30% of their taxes.
- IBM has built and is operating a 17 qubit quantum computer.
- Wind and solar power reached 10% of the US’s needs in March.
- The US retirement fund gap was already $28T in 2015. By 2050 the US gap is projected to be $137T and the global gap to be $400T.
- For much of the US, a gas-powered car needs to get at over 50 mpg to beat an electric car.
- One kilogram of metal-organic-framework crystal can extract 2.8 liters of water from air per day.
- Climate change is expected to reduce US GDP in 2010 by 6%, but some states will see drops of 30% while some see rises of 15%.