- A major disaster increases poverty by about one percent, and heightens inequality.
- The US added 222,000 jobs, had 4.4% unemployment, and 2.5% wage growth.
- Offshore wind generates electricity as cheaply as coal, about $113/Megawatt hour.
- Land ice loss is accelerating with a loss of 412 millions tons per year.
- The Larsen C ice shelf calved a trillion ton iceberg, potentially uncorking more land ice.
- As with mortgages, financial institutions lost track of student loans, potentially forgiving $5B for up to 800K people.
- Since 2006, despite adding 7.6M households in the US, homeownership dropped 1.1M.
- The Petermann glacier on Greenland is collapsing and could raise sea levels one foot.