- Renewable energy has doubled in ten years with 161GW added in 2016.
- US productivity dropped by 0.2%, possibly through reduced R&D.
- The number of icebergs in the North Atlantic shipping lanes has gone from 37 to 450, suggesting a dramatic shift in Arctic Sea ice.
- US unemployment is down to 4.5%, and wages are up 2.7% annually.
- Managing the excess renewable energy in the UK cost about $540M in 2015. In California, the price for power went from $45 MW/hr to less than zero temporarily.
- In ten years, the number of Americans working as contractors has risen from 10% to 16%, which is heightening income inequality for individuals and companies
- Atmospheric CO2 concentrations reached 405.6 ppm.
- Between 2004 and 2008 Louisiana lost 300 square miles of coastal land, and has lost 1,800 square miles between 1932 and 2010.
- The UK used zero coal for energy for one day.