- The cause of the Great Recession was more likely rich foreclosures than poor ones because debt increased $1.6T for the rich and only $0.3T for the poor.
- Radiation from the Fukushima reactor spiked to 530 sieverts per hour possibly due to a leak in the pressure vessel over the previous record of 73 sieverts per hour. Five sieverts is considered deadly.
- Both hemispheres set record high temperatures: the Arctic was 50F above average and Australia had a heat wave several degrees past previous records.
- All 28 members of the European Union have returned to positive GDP with an average of 1.8%.
- Between 1960 and 2010, the oceans lost 2% of their oxygen; and are expected to lose 7% by 2100.
- A major US power grid reached 52.1% power generated from wind power.
- A company replaced 90% of its workers with robots, saw 250% increase in productivity and 80% drop in defects. Strong incentives to hire robots.
- Species threatened by extinction are expected to climb from 20% in 2017 to 50% in 2100.