- Electricity usage growth decreased to zero because of renewables and efficiency increases.
- Two billion new homes will be required to accommodate the population’s rise to 11.5 billion by 2100.
- A house built in Austin, Texas by a 3D printer is projected to cost $10,000 and 24 hours to build.
- US clothing purchases stabilized at about 70 new pieces per person per year.
- Student loans plus credit cards are 41% higher, and households have ~6% less spending power than before the Great Recession.
- The Great Pacific Plastic Patch covers 1.6 million square kilometers, 16 times larger than previous estimates.
- Since 2007, 1099s are up 8.9%, W-2s are down 3.5%, for a gap of 12.4%.
- UK coal consumption dropped 38% to 1891 levels, with a target of 80% reduction by 2050.