Home

California is the first state in the US to reach 5% solar capacity. That still means it gets the other 95% from other sources, but it is also encouraging and an milestone. It is happening at a critical time as California’s hydroelectric power is being hampered by the persistent drought; which also impacts conventional power plants that require water for cooling and steam generation.

“California Is First State With 5% Of Its Electricity From Solar” – Fortune

Advertisements

One thought on “California Is 5% Solar

  1. Pingback: Data That Matters – March2015 | Pretending Not To Panic

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s